Wednesday, June 12, 2013

KATE Makeup Workshop, Pavilion Part One - PRODUCTS

Some of you may know KANEBO, Japanese based makeup company. But did you know KATE makeup is produced in Japan by the same company?



As soon as Nuffnang Fashion Fab team announced that KATE Malaysia invited japanese makeup artist, Mikiya Hirai who has been in the business for 20 years (although he doesnt look 40+ att all) to do a workshop in Pavilion.... I immediately signup to join in. And it was absolutely worth it.




Firstly, on the products...

2013 collection introduces the Eyeshadow, called Goldish Eyes pallette. Very shimmery quad of colors, very pigmented too. However, you will need to have a good eyeshadow base to make sure minimal gold flecks fall out. Apparently, the gold eyeshadow contains 0.01% of pure gold! W O W!













However my favourite product has to be their Slim Gel Eyeliner. Comes in 2 colors, black and brown. Retails at RM44. Waterproof, sweat, water and SEBUM resistant too!


The beauty of the product is actually the slim point which allows you to line up to in between your lashes! It is so soft because of the gel consistency, tighlining has never been so easy! I love it!



Here's how I use it for tightlining using the pencil liner from KATE. And very lasting too. I did a very thin line about 1/4 of my outer eyes and smudged it for softer look.

My STAR product!


The mascara is also a very lush and volumising. Super staying power.. but removal may need a really good eye makeup remover.

My other favourite product which happens to be inside the goodie bag... is the BB cream. I combined it with KANEBO new Freshel Whitening UV Gel....and I get healthy looking skin.

On days where I want no powder or foundation... I use these 2 to get glowing skin. The BB cream doesn't give greyish cast..in fact my skin looks even naturally.

On the other hand, KANEBO Freshel Whitening UV gel (fragrance free and artificial coloring free) is a dream come true. Imagine a light weight gel that absorbs well into skin, hence to greasy feel.

Five functions rolled into one cream.

LOTION + ESSENCE + EMULSION + CREAM + UV makeup base.

With SPF 26 too...

Yes, I'm loving this one....

There's other products such as powderless liquid foundation... for those on the go, and hates powdering up after wearing liquid foundation.

For more about KATE, visit Facebook KATE MALAYSIA.

Products are available in WATSON and SASA outlets storewide.

MAKEUP TIP AND TRICKS by MIKIYA HIRAI and BEAUTY TIPS from Desmond of KANEBO, brand manager coming up in my next post. Stay tuned.

Skin care philosophy as shared by Desmond.... I believe him.. He has got the most flawless skin seen, WITHOUT makeup.

Makeup tips and tricks by Mikiya.... Actual techniques use to reduce eye bag dark circles appearance, and KATE's campaign photoshoot.




No comments:

Post a Comment