Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tools Of Trade - LANCOME, Kryolan, MAC, Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown, Mary Kay


 Just in case, if you are wondering what brand of make up product I use for clients.... what type of serum I include for the bride's face... here's the picture and info. So, let's open up my train case and see what's inside.....








To ensure long lasting and flawless finish for bridal/wedding services I use make up base from several brands, depending on skin types, either MAC Prep n Prime or, Lancome BB Base or Mary Kay Whitening primer. For clients with sensitive skin, I use Shu Eumura makeup base as it is paraben and silicon free. Sometimes I use oil mattifier from Mary Kay for those who has extremely oily skin.


Next is the moisturiser or serum which is from MAC Charged Water Hydrating Mist or Origin's Youthopia serum or Lancome's Genifique serum. But great skin is not achieved in one day, this is just to ensure your skin is properly hydrated and minimise fine lines, smooth out open pores. I advise regular facial for bride to be at least few month before the actual wedding day.

Oil Free liquid foundation from Bobbi Brown and STAGE is available, Lancome Teint Miracle as well as cream foundation from KRYOLAN TV Paint Stick , Dermacos too. This cream foundation offers full coverage and flawless finish. Make up will look much better after it 'sets' on your skin about 15-20minutes. Do take note, this cream foundation can be pore clogging. Hence, always make sure your REALLY clean your skin well, by double cleansing. Normal face wash is not enough, always use proper make up remover to ensure your face is free of zits and trouble post wedding. Loose powder are from the same beauty line. I've been wanting to add CHANEL Vitalumiere into my collection though.

I started the business at earlier stage using these basic, low end make up such as this 88 eyeshadow pallette, Maybelline mascara and cream foundation from Japan called Naturactor. These are non branded, but offers beautiful myriad of colors. Not very lasting and color payoff is weak, hence eye primer from MAC or UDPP is used. I think a lot of new kak andam still use this affordable e/shadow pallatte.

But, I wont be using this anymore....



As for bridal, I only use eyeshadow from Laura Mercier, Urban decay, SMASHBOX, Estee Lauder, MAC, Bobbi Brown, Shu Eumura & Lancome... as the color pay off are better, long lasting and crease free. If you notice, all colors I have are neutral, soft romantic colors. Colors is suppose to enhance your eyes, not over shadow with thick black kohl eyes.


The coveted NAKED palatte from URBAN DECAY... being a person who loves natural look, this is one MUST HAVE pallatte for you au naturelle ladies out there. Lovely warm tone colors, great pay off
 Special skin care need such as sensitive skin may need different type of base. Not all skin will suit certain brands, hence I have multitude of makeup base such as:

MAC Strobe Cream
Peter Thomas Roth un Wrinkle Primer
Shu Eumura UV underbase mousse
Laura Mercier radiance base
Dr. G BB Cream
Lancome BB Base


























Lipstick and lipgloss are mainly from MAC, Estee Lauder, STAGE, Mary Kay, REVLON and Lancome.

Final finishing will include Kryolan's fixing spray, Urban decay mist to make sure your make up stays intact for several hours without fading or 'slipping' .

I can ensure you all the high end product I've mentioned above are 100% original, bought over the counter in One Utama or from the distributor themselves. The Kryolan supplies does come online from trusted reseller (source Germany, USA). 
I definitely DO NOT use imitations of high end products, as I dare not even use it on myself, furthermore on other people's face.

Lastly.... What is this wrapped gifts doing here?


Here's a small token of gift as thank you so much for choosing Lin Elier from me. 
Get surprised with what you'll get from Linda Claus...on your wedding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment